Sunday, November 15, 2009
Guest Speaker: Sonja
Sonja is an interesting person who has experienced many new places and stories throughout her life. Seeming to live from one artist residency to another, she has made her way across a good portion of the globe. That part of her inspired me greatly, to travel for life creating artwork, yeah I am a fan. She showed two videos during the lecture, sorry, but I didn't really pull much from those. The map made out of sand was awesome and I completely respect the time it took to create something like that, but the video of her walking through amsterdam with the camera pointing at the ground the entire time. It's basically like a book that has a decent intro, and you could pull some rising action but then, once you see it is not going anywhere, you discard the book and never pick it back up. The pieces of hers that I really enjoyed were the snow walking circles. I recognized them from the McCol Centre, the discipline used to create something like that is quite respectable. Sonja is very creative and has a pretty abstract mind as far as I can tell. I would like to adopt some of her thinking into my artwork, but not all of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment