Kinkade- This guy has made it and its awesome to see, but from some of the quotes in the readings he seems to be really into himself. with expressions like "I own the hearts of the people" and, "I represent the forefront of an entirely new trend" okay i can get behind some of these statements but really, I mean I have never heard of the guy until now much less do I feel like he owns me nor my family. His work is amazing, yes, I agree with that and it is recognizable but, is his form so great that his content doesn't have to stand out as much. Example, if you had one of these paintings in your house would this be something that maybe once a month you would stop at and see something new/interpretive of a current situation. Maybe but doubtful, I know the work is sentimental and thats what he was going for because that is what sells. So I say good job he has made it but don't forget that there are other artist out there just as good/better at what he does.
Beecroft- This artist is very daring to say the least. She sees a problem with society and how women are viewed and does something extreme to exploit it. She shows areas of her life within her artwork, she went through anerexia so she wanted to show what that struggle looked like so others may be deterred from making the same mistakes. She ensourages us to think about how we treat and view ourselves/others. Some of her lessons can be applied to either sex even though she chooses to mainly use women as models. Even though her style of art is not one that I would use, live nude models, she gets her point across effectively and with power.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment